Beginning their school career is an exciting and memorable time in your child’s life! At Good Shepherd, we endeavor to make the transition from the home or childcare setting to the classroom setting as positive as we can for your child. Our goal during these first years of school is to instill in each child a confidence in their own abilities by giving them successful experiences at this pre-kindergarten level.
Our Early Childhood program is staffed with qualified teachers who strive to meet the needs of each uniquely gifted student in a safe, loving, Christian environment. Our focus during these formative years is to aid your child’s growth and development in a holistic, all-domain approach (spiritual, social/emotional, physical, and cognitive).
The play-based, developmentally appropriate curriculum that we follow includes numerous resources to ensure each child is receiving the tools they need to succeed.
Curriculum resources include, among other resources for a full STREAM (Science, Technology, Relationships, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) of learning:
- Christ Light (Bible learning)
- High-Scope (overarching academic focus)
- SPARK (physical education)
- Numbers Plus (mathematics)
- Handwriting Without Tears (language skills).
Philosophy of education, developmentally appropriate practices, as well as discipline resources, include:
- A Moving Child is a Learning Child by Gill Connell and Cheryl McCarthy
- Mind in the Making by Ellen Galinsky
- Discipline That Connects with Your Child’s Heart by Jim and Lynne Jackson, and
- The Brain Gym program.
Good Shepherd’s approach to learning is highly effective, well rounded, and grounded in Christ, which leads to success for all our students! We are eager to meet you and look forward to serving your family!