Mr. David Retzlaff
Principal, Teacher - Grades 7-8
Mr. Retzlaff graduated from Martin Luther College in New Ulm, MN, in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education. In 2016 he completed a Masters Degree in Elementary Education with an emphasis in leadership. He has taught combinations of 4th through 8th grade for 34 years. He previously taught in Michigan for 9 years, Wisconsin for 15 years, and is now in his 11th year in Minnesota. He currently teaches 7th and 8th grade and serves as the principal at Good Shepherd.
7th and 8th Grade Highlights
- Annual Bike Hike in the Twin Cities
- Crusader Days at St. Croix Lutheran Academy
- Field trip to Valleyfair
- 8th grade outing at the Mall of America
- Phy. Ed. bowling trips to Bogarts
- Leaders of campus Panther Families
- Special trips to McDonalds!
- Service trips to Feed My Starving Children
- Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, and Math Competitions
When telling people that I teach grades 7 and 8, they often respond by saying, “Oh, I feel so sorry for you!” Yes, this age group can create some challenges as students try to find their identity and discover their place in this world. It is a privilege to help guide them in finding their identity in Christ as the world fights for their attention. It is an honor to help them discover the place that God has given them in the world as they understand their strengths and see their purpose through a Christian world-view.