Mrs. Rachel Hansen
Teacher - Kindergarten
Mrs. Hansen graduated from the University of Minnesota Duluth in 2006 with a B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education. She then went on to Martin Luther College to receive her WELS Synod Teaching Certification. In 2007 she received her first call to teach Kindergarten at St. John’s Lutheran School in Lake City, MN. While there she also held the roles of Childcare Director and Athletic Director. She continued to serve there until 2011 when she made the decision to become a stay-at-home mom! In 2018 Rachel returned to teaching when she was called to be the Kindergarten teacher here at Good Shepherd. Mrs. Hansen and her husband, Justin, (also a teacher at Good Shepherd) have three children all of whom attend Good Shepherd.Kindergarten
- Field Trip to the Applewood Apple Orchard
- Field Trip to The Works Museum
- Kindergartener-for-a Day (Full day of activities with incoming Kindergartners)
- Star Students
- Celebrate Dr. Suess week with special activities all week!
- Monthly Buddy reading with the 4th & 5th grade classroom
- 100th Day of School Celebration
- Christmas & Valentine’s Day parties
- Special science activities with “Mr. Science”
- Join the preschool classroom for a Christmas Program
Teaching is a learning and lifelong process; learning from your students and colleagues, while learning new strategies and new ideas. She feels so blessed to be able to do what she loves, in a setting where Christ’s love for us is something she can teach every day to the children.