Mr. Justin Hansen
Teacher - Grades 4-5
Mr. Hansen graduated from Martin Luther College in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science in Education degree. He began his ministry at St. John’s Lutheran School in Red Wing where he taught grades 3-5 and was Athletic Director for 6 years. He then accepted the call in 2016 to Good Shepherd where he has taught grades 3-6. He currently teaches departmentalized 3rd to 6th grade, with a homeroom of 4th-5th grade. He also coaches one of the boys' basketball teams. Mr. Hansen is married to Rachel (who also teaches at Good Shepherd), and they have three children all of whom attend Good Shepherd.
4th and 5th Grade Highlights
- Beginning of the school year Pool Party
- Field trip to the Mall of America
- Field trip to Feed My Starving Children
- Field trip to the Minnesota State Capital and History Center
- Field trip to the River Walk
- Participate in weekly Life Skills class
- Monthly Buddy reading with the Kindergarten classroom
- 5th Grade participates in Spelling and Geography Bee
Mr. Hansen likes to make learning fun because he believes that students learn best through collaboration and hands-on activities. He enjoys teaching God’s Word to the students in a Christ-centered school, and he believes each student has the ability to be successful.