The School Board of Good Shepherd Lutheran School strives to organize and operate the school to help students and families grow in Christ. To this end, the School Board functions to God’s glory in maintaining spiritual, curricular, organizational, staff and financial leadership for the school.
The job of the School Board is to govern, not manage, the school.
The School Board members pledge themselves to serve the Lord and to:
Ensure the school will operate for the benefit of all families and children, regardless of race, color, background or national origin
- Hold with integrity, confidentiality, and mutual trust the office entrusted to them
- Seek the spiritual welfare of children and families; most of all upholding with God’s help our mission to make disciples of people
- Strive to maintain organizational and financial responsibility for the school
- Supervise and support all church workers and staff
- Facilitate yearly goal setting, audits and accreditation for the school
A nominating committee, chosen by Good Shepherd Lutheran Church's Leadership Team, presents a slate of candidates for all elected offices. Only active members of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church who are at least 18 years of age are eligible to hold elective positions. The candidates are voted on during the voter’s assembly meeting of church members. Newly elected officers and board members assume their duties of office as of July 1st.
School Board Positions:
The board consists of five (5) members who each serve a two-year term. The principal and one pastor are also present at each meeting, but are not voting members.
Chairman: Corey Schmiedeberg
Term Expires: June 2023
Board Member: BJ Anderson
Term Expires: June 2022
Board Member: Dan Ludwig
Term Expires June 2022
Board Member: Nate Owens
Term Expires: June 2023
Board Member: Open
Term Expires: Pending
Pastor: Dan Walters
Principal: Dave Retzlaff
School Board Meetings are conducted once per month on the third Thursday of the month at 7 pm.
Contact the Board:
You may contact the board at any time via email at email@example.com.
If your concern or question is related to:
- Classroom Issues: Please contact your student’s classroom teacher first. If you need further assistance resolving the issue, please contact the school principal.
- School Issues: Please contact the school’s principal first. If you need further assistance resolving the issue, please contact the Board Chairman.